01 Niōmon Gate
02 Fudō-dō Hall
04 Dainichi-dō Hall
Dainichi-dō is the main hall of Takahata-san. It was destroyed by a large fire in 1779 during the Edo period, and was the provisional main hall for a long time until its repairing in 1982 that lasted five years. The new hall was built in an irimoya style (hip-and-gable roof) from the Kamakura period and hongawarabuki (tiled roofing). The interior was coated with lacquer, and Bishu-hinoki cypress wood was used. The entrance was built using a style from the Momoyama period.
05 Sage Vinayaka Hall
It was reconstructed 230 years after it was destroyed by a large fire in 1779.
People praying for “Matchmaiking”, “Good Fortune”.
06 Daishi-dō Hall
08 Five-storied Pagoda
09 Benten-dō Shrine
11 Prayers for Traffic Safety Hall
Takahata-Fudoson is known to as the head temple for praying for traffic safety, and is crowded with all sorts of vehicles and drivers everyday.
Anyone who wishes to pray for traffic safety is welcome to come make a request. Here, we pray everyday to Fudō Myō-ō for everyone’s safety.
12 Kannon-in Branch Temple
13 The Tomb of Noriaki Uesugi
14 Prayer Notes and Seal Stamps Area
15 Hōrin Kaku (
Seasonal Flowers and Stone Monument Tour